- Pro: If you have a need for speed and want to take advantage of your engine’s horsepower, look no further than performance tires. These tires are perfect for drivers who prioritize speed and performance, and they’re often used on sports cars.
- Con: Performance tires typically don’t last as long as other tires, but what they lack in their tread wear rating they make up for in grip and high performance.
- Pro: Despite their name, summer tires can handle any warm season. They’re engineered for superior traction on damp surfaces, so spring and summer showers are no problem.
- Con: These aren’t your safest bet in winter! These tires are made of rubber that hardens in lower temperatures, so swap them out as soon as the temperature drops.
- Pro: Do you love taking the path less traveled? All-terrain tires can handle surfaces many other tires can’t like gravel, dirt, rocks, and snow.
- Con: Thanks to the tread design on all-terrain tires, expect a noisier drive than regular all-season tires.
- Pro: If you’re heading out into deep mud or sand, these are the only tires you want on your vehicle. These are the “bigger and badder” relatives of all-terrain tires, and they have deep, rugged tread to find traction on the slipperiest surfaces.
- Con: Mud-terrain tires deliver a noisier ride than other all-season tires, again due to their tread design.
- Pro: Consider touring tires your top-shelf, premium tire. These guys are for the driver who wants a silky smooth, silent driving experience. They handle like a dream and offer superior reliability and longevity.
- Con: While touring tires can handle everyday wet and dry conditions, they aren’t cut out for extreme weather.
Step 3: Determine your tire budget.
Once you know the tire size you need and the type you want, consider your budget for buying tires. Just like everything else, there is a wide range of prices… so what’s the appropriate amount to spend? There’s no right or wrong answer to this question. It depends on the driver and the car! Our best advice is to remember that tires are an investment, and an invaluable one at that. Your tires are the only part of your car that comes into contact with the road. Without quality tires, your car can’t drive safely or smoothly.
At Tires Plus, we respect your wallet as much as we respect your vehicle. Get a free tire quote before you step foot into our store, with the lowest prices guaranteed online. We will match any locally advertised price on tires and we offer various tire coupons to help you save even more. And did we mention free wheel alignment checks and free tire rotations for life?